[Digikam-users] raw and jpeg-files should "stick together"

H. Jürgen Karbach HJKarbach at gmx.de
Wed Feb 20 18:04:50 GMT 2013

Am Mittwoch, 20. Februar 2013, 11:01:23 schrieb Peer Heinlein:
> Am 17.02.2013 22:16, schrieb H. Jürgen Karbach:
>

> Hi Jürgen,
>
> thanks for your long and helpful answer. Sounds good -- sounds like
> Digikam can already do what I need...
>
> > In the Import section you can chose the Structure.
> >
> > Based on camera provided information about the image date and choosen
> > file suffix of the pictures to be saved, digiKam can use this to
> > automatically create subalbums in the destination Album and move / copy
> > downloaded files.
>
> But I wasn't able to find the menue to set this up.
>
> I'm using Digikam 2.6.0 -- does this version already support that? Could
> you give me a hint where to find this option?

1. Connect our camera via USB or insert a memory-card.
2. Chose "Import" and then the device (cam or card)
3. Find on the right site the preferences of the import workflow.
	eventually you need to chose the preferences-tab on the right.

I'm not sure, if it work well with your wanted structure:
.../RAW then date-directories.
Because there only checkboxes for suffix-based and date-based subdirectories.
In my case - date over suffix - it works well.
But don't know, if you can toggle this to suffix over date.

in this side-window you can also select your prefered lossless file format.

By creating a new collection and test-directories, you can pla and test
digicams behaviour.