[Digikam-users] raw and jpeg-files should "stick together"

Den schimmelpilz at freenet.de
Wed Feb 20 21:16:58 GMT 2013

Hi Peer, hi Jürgen,

for tagging pictures I always hoped Digikam would one day treat RAW
and JPG
file as virtually one file. So tagging this virtual file would set the
same tags to
both, the RAW and the JPG.

With your solution of to part RAWs and JPGs to different subfolders,
my photo
collection might get a bit more "tidy" (I currently just hide the
RAWs, as long as I
do not need them).
But how do you do tagging in this constellation? The only solution I
can currently
imagine is tagging only the JPG files and then do a tag based search by

(1) find certain JPG by tag and remember the file's filename
(2) switch to the RAW folder and search or the same filename (with RAW
extension)

Works well for one file - but how do you search for a bunch of files
(e.g. a certain
person with photos spread over different folders)?

Do you have any experience with this? A hint would be great ;-) Thanks!

Greetings,
Den