[Digikam-users] Digikam Color label and Photoshop urgency

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 10:43:43 BST 2013

2013/8/31 Photonoxx <photonoxx at free.fr>:
> Ok, I build and install 3.4 yesterday and made some try this morning.
>
> "Export" color label from Digikam to Capture NX 2 seems to work perfectly.
> Digikam write well urgency tag and Capture NX 2  take in count instantly
> (using Wine, not usable since edit windows display Red and Blue channel
> inverted, but color tag and thumbnail work well).
>
> On the other hand there's no import of color label from Capture NX 2 even if
> no digikam color label tag exists (I mean no tag at all and not 0 value
> where indeed tag exists), but may be it's normal.
>
> If color label is set in digikam and changed after that in Capture NX 2,
> Digikam stay at its color label and the two different values coexist until I
> tell digikam to write metadata in file, but this is more difficult to do I
> thing, and could probably have unexpected  effects in case where more than
> one color label importable tag are set with different values in each.

Here you are wrong i think. When you import back from NX to DK, you
must force DB to be updated and take a care about metadata change done
by NX. It's simple : use menu entry Image/Sync DB with metadata.

Note : You can do it in Batch now using dedicated Maintenance tools
which use multithreading and multicore CPU with 3.4.0...

> At less, it could be nice if label was imported when digikam color label
> doesn't exist yet, but it will have a small impact anyway, since Digikam
> seems to set color label to 0 the first time metadatas are set.

See my previous comment which can be the solution.