[Digikam-users] Digikam 3.3.0 Import Naming

Carl McGrath cmcgrath5035 at comcast.net
Mon Aug 26 01:56:09 BST 2013

I have Dgikam 3.3.0 on openSUSE 12.3/KDE4.10.5
The good news is that Customized renaming on import is working again,
but I believe there is a Buglet:
I use the renaming string

[date:"yyyy-MM-ddThhtmmtss"]{unique}

It appears that the {unique} modifier always appends an _1, not just
when it is necessary to provide uniqueness.

Or perhaps the use case requirements were modified for whomever
implemented the fix.

On versions prior to 3.2, where I believe it was broken, the _x,
x=1,2,... was only appended when necessary(as I recall)

Perhaps it is a "feature" or just nuisance.