[Digikam-users] digiKam 2.5.0: missing photos

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 01:05:03 BST 2013

On 27/08/13 20:05, Aleck Mueller wrote:

>> Hello
>>
>> On Ubuntu 12.04 LTS I am going to use digiKam instead of default Shotwell,
>> so I installed package digiKam and set up the root album at first run
>> with a collection of photos already in it. Checking the result of first
>> scanning of the collection I have found that 3 photos of 1205 are missed
>> in one of subalbums although ls shows they are there. I chose one of them
>> for testing:
>> 1) moved it to another directory, launched digiKam and imported it
>> again - without result;
>> 2) purged and then installed package digiKam again - the same;
>> 3) launched digiKam in terminal window - there were several messages
>> complaining about *.mov files in albums but this one is jpg-file;
>> 4) looked at the metadata of the chosen file by means of console program
>> exif - they looked like normal.
>>
>> What is wrong?

There use to be a problem like that sometimes ago: some pictures could
never be recognized by Digikam whatever you do, and though they were
perfectly OK with other programs.
I don't know if the problem still exists, but it was due to wrong records
left in the database and - at that time - the only possibility was to
remove them manually, or start with a new DB from scratch.
Now there are some maintenance tools included in Digikam interface, that
might help to fix that issue.

Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://fr.ulule.com/aigoual-aubrac/>

*De l'AIgoual à l'Aubrac, un voyage photographique en Cévennes et Lozère*
Un livre à offrir ou à s'offrir, en souscription jusqu'au 31 août 2013.
Cliquer sur l'image ci-dessus ou ce lien pour en savoir
plus<http://fr.ulule.com/aigoual-aubrac/>