[Digikam-users] digiKam 2.5.0: missing photos

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Wed Aug 28 00:25:02 BST 2013

On 27/08/13 20:05, Aleck Mueller wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Ubuntu 12.04 LTS I am going to use digiKam instead of default Shotwell,
> so I installed package digiKam and set up the root album at first run
> with a collection of photos already in it. Checking the result of first
> scanning of the collection I have found that 3 photos of 1205 are missed
> in one of subalbums although ls shows they are there. I chose one of them
> for testing:
> 1) moved it to another directory, launched digiKam and imported it
> again - without result;
> 2) purged and then installed package digiKam again - the same;
> 3) launched digiKam in terminal window - there were several messages
> complaining about *.mov files in albums but this one is jpg-file;
> 4) looked at the metadata of the chosen file by means of console program
> exif - they looked like normal.
>
> What is wrong?

Can you open the files with any other viewer or editor?

Can you upload one or all files somewhere so others can test?
Alternatively, see if the files are recognized and rendered on any other
machine you have nearby. maybe the files are corrupt and that is why
they are not imported.

--
Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides