[Digikam-users] Advices for a new cpu + mobo + ram - probably Off Topic

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Sat Aug 17 21:44:32 BST 2013

Am 17.08.2013 21:29, schrieb ultimateclem:
> Thank you to all of you, guys.
> For 140€, i thing this is the best value cpu. With Intel, i will only have
> a cpu with 2 cores/4 threads, or 4 cores/4threads... I will give amd a try.

Sorry, this is of topic in digikam.

On last thing.

There may be a time when you want to use virtualization on your computer.

You should prefer a "mainbord-bios" with this capability.

For Intel you could check:
http://www.intel.com/support/processors/sb/cs-030729.htm

As far as I know you have the option with all AMD processors
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_virtualization

cu
Peter