[Digikam-users] Advices for a new cpu + mobo + ram - probably Off Topic

ultimateclem ultimateclem at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 20:29:50 BST 2013

Thank you to all of you, guys.

I think i will go for a amd FX8320 + Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P + 2x8go DDR3
1600 Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10
For 140€, i thing this is the best value cpu. With Intel, i will only have
a cpu with 2 cores/4 threads, or 4 cores/4threads... I will give amd a try.
I don't thing gaming configurations are correct for picture treatment :
games seem to be not multi-threaded for now.

hopefully i will not have to flash a new bios on the mobo...

I agree totally too on the point that when one spend 2-3 hours on pictures,
seconds lost on starting are peanuts. My computer is started on monday and
halted friday. No need for a SSD that will be used only once a week.