[Digikam-users] backing up Digikam data

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 17:26:58 BST 2013

Excepted the time to reconstruct it, there is no important information
in thumbnails DB. you can drop it only if you don't use remote
repository for your collection (as USB hard drive).

The fact to have a dedicated DB for thumbs is to be able to display
image preview in icon-view if remote collections are not available.

Gilles Caulier