[Digikam-users] Save advanced slideshow?

Den schimmelpilz at freenet.de
Mon Apr 8 18:26:20 BST 2013

Hello Samuel,

never worked with slideshows before, but perhaps my findings can help
you in some way. You can export a slideshow by Extras -> Export to
Video Slide Show. There you can choose the pictures to be shown, set
effects and so on. Using the video settings you can specify type and
file name of the video and afterwards can export it by pressing "Convert".

The advanced slideshow seems indeed to be for display only. Would be
cool to export this to a video file, I agree...

To further improve your workflow easier you should choose you 200
pictures in the main DK window instead within the slideshow window:

- search for the pictures and mark them, e.g. by a color or flag
filter or by giving them a tag
- you can then filter your Database for your desired (marked) pictures
- Ctrl+A to choose them
- "Extras -> Export to Video Slide Show" will put only the chosen ones
to the slideshow
- change the order, effects and so on and then convert them to a video

For me that worked fine with a little Ogg test video with 50 pictures
from 7 different albums.
Hope that helped a bit.

Greetings,
Den