[Digikam-users] reuse database on new install?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Apr 6 16:50:20 BST 2013

Hello,

due to a disk crash I had to reinstall my system. Now I have new digikam
3.0 (before 2.9) and the image files reside in another folder (before
~/fotos/digikam, now ~/disk2/digikam.

Can I reuse digikam4.db (70 MB) and thumbnails-digikam.db (1.5 GB) somehow?

There are many thousand of images, 650 GB, and rebuilding database and
thumbnails would take very, very long... So if there is a way how I can
avoid that, it would really help me a lot.

I havn't started new digikam until now (still copying files from the
backups...), because I want to make it right from the beginning :-)

Any hints?

Thank you.

Daniel
google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386