[Digikam-users] Histogram: RAW vs JPG

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Fri Oct 12 08:26:46 BST 2012

Am 11.10.2012 22:11, schrieb Sven Burmeister:
> Am Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2012, 21:07:14 schrieb Sven Burmeister:
>> My RAW images seem too yellow to me, i.e. the green is too yellow. I
>> normally use a luminosity curve but also tried without it, i.e. increasing
>> the brightness etc. with other tools. However as soon as the rest of the
>> picture looks ok the green is yellow. For other pictures my luminosity
>> curve works perfectly. It's just the green. The same happens when using
>> darktable's Panasonic base curve. (I use a Lumix LX3)
>
> And another question. I see that darktable uses a WB value of 5000K if it is
> set to use the camera's white balance. dcraw with the -w option uses the same
> channel multiplicator values, digikam as well using libraw. I do not know how
> to set dcraw to show the white balance temperature it uses.
>
> UFRAW however shows 4581K + 1,31 Green. The channel multiplicators are the
> same.
>
> How come these white balances are different? Using UFRAW's values seems to
> help against the yellow taint.

Regarding darktable: they rebalance the colour temperature to 5000K to
get a propper offset handling. If you have 3200K set from your camera
darktable recalculates it to 5000K wheras the values you can see for the
channels are the same as for ufraw.

As I don't use digikams raw tool (darktable only) I can not help you there.

Martin