[Digikam-users] Histogram: RAW vs JPG

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Oct 11 21:11:43 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 11. Oktober 2012, 21:07:14 schrieb Sven Burmeister:
> My RAW images seem too yellow to me, i.e. the green is too yellow. I
> normally use a luminosity curve but also tried without it, i.e. increasing
> the brightness etc. with other tools. However as soon as the rest of the
> picture looks ok the green is yellow. For other pictures my luminosity
> curve works perfectly. It's just the green. The same happens when using
> darktable's Panasonic base curve. (I use a Lumix LX3)

And another question. I see that darktable uses a WB value of 5000K if it is
set to use the camera's white balance. dcraw with the -w option uses the same
channel multiplicator values, digikam as well using libraw. I do not know how
to set dcraw to show the white balance temperature it uses.

UFRAW however shows 4581K + 1,31 Green. The channel multiplicators are the
same.

How come these white balances are different? Using UFRAW's values seems to
help against the yellow taint.

Sven