[Digikam-users] Histogram: RAW vs JPG

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Thu Oct 11 20:07:14 BST 2012

Hey everybody!

My RAW images seem too yellow to me, i.e. the green is too yellow. I normally
use a luminosity curve but also tried without it, i.e. increasing the
brightness etc. with other tools. However as soon as the rest of the picture
looks ok the green is yellow. For other pictures my luminosity curve works
perfectly. It's just the green. The same happens when using darktable's
Panasonic base curve. (I use a Lumix LX3)

I shoot RAW+JPG hence I have two images. WB is set to camera, so the RAW and
the JPG should have the same. I noticed that the histograms look different,
e.g. higher curves.

Could somebody please give me a hint how to get rid of the yellowish green if
everything else seems to fit colourwise?

RAW Histogram:
http://paste.opensuse.org/53105678

JPG Histogram:
http://paste.opensuse.org/70315994

Yellow green (no luminosity curve applied yet) on the left, normal JPG green
on the right:
http://paste.opensuse.org/31625191

Another thing I noticed in all RAW histograms is that in the middle of the
third quarter there is always a sudden increase in for green and yellow which
never occurs in JPGs. Where does this sudden increase come from?

Thanks

Sven