[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.9: Save image comments to file

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Wed Oct 10 20:42:03 BST 2012

Hi,

what do you mean by "comments"?
In the right side view, selecting "Caption/Tags", I can see
"Title" and "Captions".

I enter unique texts in these input fields and click apply.
Then I look at the jpg file with okteta (hex viewer).

I can find
  - the caption seven times
  - the title two times

For example in the XMP-Part of the file:

  - caption can be found at:
     /x:xmpmeta/rdf:RDF/rdf:Description/dc:description/...

  - title can be found at:
     /x:xmpmeta/rdf:RDF/rdf:Description/dc:title/...

Do your jpg files contain XMP-Data? Have a look at them with
some hex editor and look for something starting with:
"<x:xmpmeta".

My setup:
  - Gentoo Linux
  - KDE 4.8.5