[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.9: Save image comments to file

Markus Ebert strohhirn at gmx.de
Wed Oct 10 19:48:45 BST 2012

Hi,

After tagging and commenting my photos and trying to share them with
others (windows users), I found out that digikam did not actually save
my comments to the files, neither to the jpg nor to xmp.
I crosschecked by using exiftool and even deleting the database-file:
digikam was able to restore the tags, but not the comments.
All options in "Write this information to the Metadata" are set, I also
checked the digikamrc (see below).

I am using digikam 2.9 on a SUSE 12.2 running KDE 4.9.2.

Apart from the problem above, what is your opinion on how to organize
photos on multiple platforms?

Kind regards
Markus

Contents of digikamrc: