[Digikam-users] Digikam 2.9: Save image comments to file

Markus Ebert strohhirn at gmx.de
Wed Oct 10 21:05:03 BST 2012

Hi,

sorry I use the German translation and thought comment would be the
right translation, in fact I mean the captions.
The title is indeed saved to the jpg, but the caption is not (I now also
used okteta; there is also an xmp-section)
The same is true for the xmp-files - title saved, caption not. Indeed
there is not even a dc:description section.

I suspect that something is wrong with a tool digikam relies on (e.g.
exiftool did not work out box as it turned out dependencies were wrong),
so is there a possibility to turn on a debug mode such that I can see
what happens when digikam tries to write the metadata? Or maybe a logfile?
(Starting in console doesn't reveal anything)

Regards,
Markus