[Digikam-users] command line tool to normalize exif orientation flag

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Wed May 30 15:35:36 BST 2012

Hello,

I have for years problem with the orientation tag in digikam.

I just now try to compile the last digikam, but don't know if I will
succeed (Already failed to do so sometime ago).

I finally could understand the problem. On my 2.2.0 digikam the "set
orientation to normal" do *not* work. Normal photos are top, left (for
example, the true value do not matter). A vertical photo that have to
stay vertical says "right, top". Asking digikam to change thi to
"normal" do not do anything.

for men waiting any new digikam version, it could be as simple as
using exiftools on command line to do the normalisation job. But I
don't know the exiftool systax and before RTFM for some hours, may be
some body here already know this.

I could then rotate the photos at will, then say "all is normal"

thanks
jdd