[Digikam-users] command line tool to normalize exif orientation flag

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Thu May 31 16:21:27 BST 2012

On 5/30/12, jdd <jdd at dodin.org> wrote:

> I have for years problem with the orientation tag in digikam.  But I
> don't know the exiftool systax and before RTFM for some hours, may be
> some body here already know this.

Hi jdd

Try this:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/exiftool-commands.html#orientation

Test, test, and retest in a test directory on a small sample of images
before using on your main photo directory, to make sure you have all
the syntax correct and it's doing exactly what you want. I've made
syntax errors with exiftool that scattered files all over the place.

To be doubly safe, make a backup of your main image folders before
using exiftool to change the orientation tag.
--
Elle Stone
http://ninedegreesbelow.com

--