[Digikam-users] BUG? move to album / overwrite destination problem

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Tue May 15 18:23:19 BST 2012

Hello John,

digiKam stores hash-keys for each picture in its database.
So it should be able to detect picture movement outside of
digiKam.

Another (safer) way would be to store the ratings _in_ the
jpg-file.

 "Settings" -> "Configure digiKam" -> "Metadata" ->
"Behaviour" -> [x] "Save image ratings in metadata embedded
in files"

In this case you can always start "read metadata from
image", to read them back in the digiKam database. But
digiKam should recognize those metadata in the files
automatically.

Regards,
     Peter