[Digikam-users] Off-line Collection Browsing & DB cleanup

Peter Albrecht peter at crazymonkeys.de
Thu May 10 18:48:44 BST 2012

Hello Nick,

maybe this post at "Scribbles and Snaps" may help you clean
up your database (if it is broken again):

> http://scribblesandsnaps.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/check-and-optimize-digikams-databases/

As far as I understood, the fingerprints (referenced by
"rebuild fingerprints") are used for

"Browse" -> "Fuzzy Searches":
 - find similar images
 - find by sketch
 - find duplicates

I have not build fingerprints for all my images and digiKam
always asks me to do so, when I click on "Fuzzy Searches"
(to explore them).

Regards,
	Peter