[Digikam-users] Are the grouping issues solved?

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 08:59:48 GMT 2012

A couple of months ago, I had real problems with the grouping function:
some pictures completely disappeared from Digikam, and it was impossible
even to reimport them as Digikam persists to "hide" them. I eventually
deleted the DB and rebuild it from scratch, as there seems to be no other
way to "recover" the lost pictures.
The problem seemed to be related with some wrong link between pictures
recorded in the DB, or whatever...

I would like very much to use the grouping function as I often have several
versions of the same picture (1 RAW, several TIFF and more JPEG) and it
will make the searching/browsing/tagging/etc. much easier; but I wouln't
like to "loose" pictures as before, and to be obliged to do another "rough
cleaning" of the database.

Have things improved on the matter? I seem to remember the team has worked
on the DB in their last coding sprint.

Thanks for your answers,
Marie-Noëlle

--
<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>

Mes dernières photos sont dans ma
galerie<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/photos/>
.
Retrouvez-moi aussi sur mon blog <http://www.mnaugendre.com/>.
Et parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon avec Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>,