[Digikam-users] tagging

John Stumbles john at stumbles.org.uk
Wed Mar 21 19:04:13 GMT 2012

On 21/03/12 15:03, jdd wrote:

> that said there is always room for improvement. some things about tagging:

Sorry to hijack the thread but may I add some suggestions?

1. I wanted to assign keyboard shortcuts to tags e.g. A for Andy, B for
Betty etc, but DK insists on using Ctrl- or Alt- key combinations, and
these often clash with existing keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C
etc) so it's hard to find shortcuts that work and even harder to
remember them! Is there any reason why DK couldn't use plain keys e.g. A
for Andy etc? Or, failing that, a sort of meta key followed by a letter
e.g. Ctrl-T (for tag) followed by the letter?

2. if I have copies of pictures in different directories and I tag or
rate one set, is there a way to have DK apply the same attributes to
copies elsewhere? It seems to be pretty good at identifying images so
that if one moves pictures from one directory to another it knows they
are the same image - I guess it takes some sort of hash of the file? -
so I guess it should be able to recognise identical copies elsewhere.
(What I have done, over the years, is make directories with hard-linked
copies of the better pictures from my main picture repository, so I have
linked copies of many of my photographs in two different places.)

--
John Stumbles                                    http://stumbles.org.uk