[Digikam-users] How to use versioning?

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 23:07:18 BST 2012

I have not tried versioning or grouping myself yet but I have found out
from this list that 'Save as new version' is badly labelled and does not
do what you seem to think it does. If you have versioning enabled then
just choose 'Save'. This will update the image with a new entry in the
image history. When versioning is enabled it is not possible to make a
change without it being recorded in the image history. 'Save as new
version' creates a new instance of the image that has its own change
history which is separate from the original.

I really do think that 'Save as new version' is a confusing label and it
is not intuitive as to its purpose until it is explained, although I
have trouble thinking up a better one. Perhaps 'Save as separate instance'.

Andrew