[Digikam-users] How to use versioning?

Andreas Mair amair.sob at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 15 08:49:19 BST 2012

Hello,

I'd like to use versioning in digiKam 2.6.0 but I have some problems.
I've googled some documentation but if I repeat those steps here the
result is different.

First I "Enabled Non-Destructive Editing and Versioning". I also
played with "Always show original images" and "Always show
intermediate snapshots" but they made no difference.

Then I edited a image in the image editor. I only made a single change
(converted to black and white) and save as new version. Now the image
editor shows me the new image in the "Image History" and the used
filter in "Used Filters" in the "Versioning" sidebar. Back in digiKam
album view I can see both images but no matter which one I select I
can't see the complete image history in the versioning sidebar, it
only shows the current selected image. "Used Filters" is empty, too.
After that I selected both versions of the image and ran "Group
selected here". Still no change in the versioning sidebar.
I wonder if this is the expected behavior or what I'm doing wrong.

Another thing I'm wondering is the shown image of grouped images. It
seems to depend on where one runs "Group selected here". Shouldn't
this depend on "Always show original images"? Or what is that setting
for?

I hope someone can help me to get used to digiKam versioning.

Best regards,
Andreas

--
http://andreas.vdr-developer.org --- VDRAdmin-AM & EnigmaNG &