[Digikam-users] digikam 2.6.0-rc Schema update to V6 failed

Leif Suonvieri leif at entertech.tk
Sun Jun 3 13:04:51 BST 2012

I solved it myself:

After the error message Digikam starts, but no collection is shown
(naturally).

I used the database transfer too to extract all data from mysql down to
a local sqlite database.
Then I deleted the database tables in mysql and created a pair of new
ones (empty)
Then I restored the mysql tables from the local sqlite by again using
the database transfer tool in the other direction.
Now all my metadata is back on mysql and I can use digicam again!

Hope this helps someone else...
/Leif