[Digikam-users] ICC file for Ricoh GXR

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Thu Jul 19 14:07:11 BST 2012

Am 19.07.2012 12:55, schrieb pierre:
> Remco Viƫtor <remco.vietor at ...> writes:

(snip)

> Thansk you all,
> I am now reading about RAW in the user manual. (quite interesting) . There are
> links to ICC files for common camera but the GXR A12 mount does not appear in
> the list (ufraw site). The Ricoh site does not have it and there seems to be no
> contact mail or phone :-(

The default profiles from manufacturer are of limited use (at best). I
tried the Canon profiles available with the canon software and they were
worse than none.

A general profile for one camera type is limited as it does not reflect
the lens and light you are using. If you want to do serious raw
processing it is best to use darktable (IMHO, but linux only).

Martin