[Digikam-users] ICC file for Ricoh GXR

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 19 13:03:10 BST 2012

On Thursday 19 July 2012 10:55:26 pierre wrote:

> Thansk you all,
> I am now reading about RAW in the user manual. (quite interesting) . There
are
> links to ICC files for common camera but the GXR A12 mount does not appear
in
> the list (ufraw site). The Ricoh site does not have it and there seems to be
no
> contact mail or phone :-(

Don't worry about it, unless you have really special needs concerning colour
accuracy. There might be some here that use camera profiles (other than the
build-in profiles, which are IMHO of limited value), but I'd guess not many.

If you can develop your RAW files with the software you have, go for it. And
if not, the problem is not due to a missing ICC profile.

You're better off calibrating and profiling your screen and investing in a
white balance card.

There's also a good series of tutorials (not only about RAW and colour
management) at http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials.htm

Remco