[Digikam-users] Problems with 'disappearing' images

Max Bedacht bedachtm at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 14:02:33 BST 2012

Hi All;

Thanks for the suggestions.

Jagdeesh, yes, both those options are (and were) ticked - Don't think
that's the problem.

Marie-Noƫlle, that is exactly what I ended up doing. I went into the
database and killed all the records for the image(s) that was missing.
There were four or five! After a restart the missing image came back and in
the database there were two records for it.

Simon, your suggestion is intriguing. While I can process the CR2 images
with no problem on Linux, in this case the images were first processed on a
Windows box using Photoshop Elements. I'm not sure how, or even if i can -
specify UTF-8 in that piece of software. I will however make a test on the
next batch to see if 'dash' or 'underline' make any difference.

Thanks again to all for the ideas;

Max Bedacht