[Digikam-users] digikam shows wrong colors, why?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Thu Jul 19 10:44:30 BST 2012

Hello,

I made an xcf-image in gimp containing several text-lines in different
colors. Finally saved as .png.

All programs (gimp, gwenview, showphoto, GPicView...) show it correctly,
but digikam shows one line in red with white border instead of a white
line...

See the e-mail-address in the screenshot (on the bottom/right):

as it should be: http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/digikam_color1.jpg
as digikam shows it: http://www.daniel-bauer.com/test/digikam_color.jpg

It makes me quite insecure, because the png should go into printing. Is
it an error of gimp/png (that other programs ignore) or an error or
digiKam? And where does it take the red from?

I can send the original png to a developper, if needed (12 MB).

Thanks for clarification.

Daniel
personal facebook: http://www.facebook.com/mars.fotografo
google+: https://plus.google.com/109534388657020287386