[Digikam-users] Problems with 'disappearing' images

Max Bedacht bedachtm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:10:41 BST 2012

I think that I have seen problems similar to this but I am not sure if
there has been a solution. The situation is the following:

I have a group of images (12) that have been edited from CR2 originals to
PNG final versions to JPG full size 100% versions.

For trial submission to an agency I need to re-size, convert color space to
Adobe and put author/copyright info into a new JPG version.

I use the batch processor with the three commands (Convert, re-size, apply
metadata template). I set parameters to place the new images in the same
directory as the originals, appending -sample to the file name.

After the batch is done all of the images have been processed, and all of
the new images are in the output directory, but in the catalog there are
two that do not show the -sample image.

I have tried removing all of the images from the catalog and re-importing -
the result is that the same 2 images are missing.

I have done an sqlite3 vacuum on the database and the results continue
missing the 2 images.

I deleted all the -samples and re-ran the commands, placing the resulting
images in another, new, directory. This time only one image was missing
from the catalog, although it was in the directory, but it was not one of
the original missing images.

I don't know where to go from here, any ideas?

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 with Digikam 2.7.