[Digikam-users] How to pause a playing video?

Bruno Kiste Bruno.Kiste at GMail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:05:37 BST 2012

Hi Michael and Peter,

In the german documentation I read that watching videos would not work at all.
I would advise you not to use the feature. "Open with" your favorite
media player instead (e.g. VLC).

Regards,
Bruno

2012/7/18 Peter Albrecht <peter at crazymonkeys.de>:
> Hi Michael,
>
> same here:
> I can play videos embedded in DigiKam, but I have found no
> way to pause this. So I am interested in an answer to this
> question, too.
>
> Regards,
>         Peter
>
> On 17.07.2012 21:28, Michael wrote:
>> Hmm,
>> so you're saying digiKam uses another application for video playing. As
>> mentioned in the FAQ, I tried to change the application under "KDE
>> System Settings -> File Associations -> video". I tried VLC and totem
>> for .avi, .mov, etc. but there is no change in digiKam, even after a
>> restart...
>> I made a screenshot of the interface buttons (just one slider, that's all)
>>  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1954604/digikam-playing-video.png
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>>
>> btw, I use Ubuntu 12.04 and digiKam 2.7 from Philip Johnsson's PPA
>>

>> On 17.07.2012 15:11, Bruno Kiste wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It should not even be possible to play any video with digiKam.
>>> Are you sure, that the playing application is digiKam?

Bruno Kiste

Bruno.Kiste at GMail.com
ICQ: 20-5678-050