[Digikam-users] New Version (2.7) & Philip Johnsson's PPS

Max Bedacht bedachtm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 20:36:17 BST 2012

I have been using Linux (Ubuntu) for a few years now but I would not
consider myself a 'power user'. I have been having some problems with
Digikam, no show stoppers but annoying none the less. The last was with
thumbnails for videos. I had looked into Philip's PPA in the past but I was
leery of using it - it seemed to have a lot of stuff in it that did not
seem to be directly associated with Digikam. I was afraid that something
might get 'broken' and I would have a major effort to put things back
together again should anything go wrong.

I finally did it today and I must say I was very happy with the results.
Not only no problems (the thumbnail issue was resolved), but I got the new
version of Gimp as well.

A vote of thanks to everyone involved with Digikam 2.7 and Philp for making
it easily available to Ubuntu users.

Max Bedacht