[Digikam-users] RAW editing

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jan 21 12:20:52 GMT 2012

On Lørdag den 21. januar 2012, Remco Viëtor wrote:
> Also, don't forget that Digikam's RAW import tool is exactly that, RAW
> import.  This means that a lot of the processing that is done on the
> developed image is NOT in the RAW import tool (sharpening, saturation,
> local contrast etc.). From what I've seen, darktable and others don't have
> this sharp separation between RAW development and editing. So, what you
> think of as RAW development in darktable is RAW development + editing in
> DK...

This is exactly what I appreciate about the digikam way. But it have som
drawbacks, first it requires that you can actually figure out how to get a
nice image, and then you have to (re)do that all the time. This is where, for
me, being able to save some recipes would come in handy, and obviously some
default recipes would help many users getting started.

--
Anders