[Digikam-users] RAW editing

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sat Jan 21 10:23:58 GMT 2012

Am Samstag, 21. Januar 2012, 11:10:54 schrieb Anders Lund:
> That is absolutely right. But I don't see darktable doing a better job than
> digikam, albeit a different one. So far, I see darktable images being a bit
> more saturated/vivid than the preview, while digikam goes a bit the other
> way. (I use a canon EOS 30D)
>
> The problem must relate to knowing how the camera jpeg is created, maybe
> that knowledge is part of what you pay for using a commercial tool?

http://www.darktable.org/usermanual/ch03s04s13.html.php has defaults that work
a lot better than the digikam defaults which do not apply any base curve.

Another example, set digikam to reconstruct the highlights and then do the
same in darktable. Digikam produces a dark image while darktable does not.

Sven