[Digikam-users] RAW editing

gerlos gerlosgm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 09:10:21 GMT 2012

Il giorno 20/gen/2012, alle ore 23.33, Anders Lund ha scritto:

> On Fredag den 20. januar 2012, Sven Burmeister wrote:
>
> Presets would be nice, but I don't understand the desire to make it look like
> the preview jpeg in the raw file - that is very often suboptimal!

Some times you are so good at photography that you get almost perfect images right out of your camera, and open your RAW image just to change the exposition to +0.3 EV and to give a little tweak to white balance.
So matching again ("from zero") white balance, exposition etc in Digikam would be a lot of duplicate work, since you're supposed to already do it in your camera at the moment of the shot.

So, yeah, I agree, at start my RAW picture *should* look like my JPEG, since is what I know I've shot, it's my starting point and it's what I want to tweak most of the time (exception for me: night photography).

Good defaults that make *initially* look the RAW like the JPEG would be very welcome, imho (it's also what other software -Aperture, Lightroom- actually do, for what it matters).

regards
gerlos goes back lurking :-)

--
"Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more
of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something