[Digikam-users] Fwd: Re: tags/keywords between Adobe Lightroom and Digikam

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:46:22 GMT 2012

2012/1/2 Martin (KDE) <kde at fahrendorf.de>

> I used different subfolders for different types of photos once but
> finally decided to store them all in one folder. With this I can see if
> I already have one gimp file at once without the need to check another
> subfolder. Usually I run gimp from within digikam but not always. And
> all in one folder makes backup management much easier.
>
> Martin

I agree with that. As Digikam provides plenty of tools to filter/select
images with a great number of criteria, it's better to rely on its
powerfulness to find 'the' image you're looking for at 't' time.
I use albums/folders to roughly divide my whole collection, so I more or
less know where I can find something, in order to reduce the searching
scope for Digikam. For events, or trips, or whatever where I take 50 to 500
pictures, or many more, I create a specific folder; the rest goes in a
monthly 'day-to-day' folder. And the whole in organized by years.
I am about to complete my 10th year in numeric photography, and it has
worked for me all this time (I used Photoshop Elements with Windows before
switching to Linux/Digikam and have been able to keep the whole structure
and the tags from the beginning).

Marie-Noëlle

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/>