[Digikam-users] Fwd: Re: tags/keywords between Adobe Lightroom and Digikam

Marie-Noëlle Augendre mnaugendre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:34:50 GMT 2012

2012/1/2 Jim Dory <james at dorydesign.com>

> Lightroom shows all images in subdirectories if you choose,
> so it would be very easy to do as you do. Maybe DK has that capability
> too to show all images in subdirectories.. but I find it confusing so
> see all versions of an image at once.

You might want to use the functionalities provided by Digikam. As for
myself, I have all the versions of the same picture in the same
album/folder. When you want to filter certain files only, you only have to
use the filtering criteria: only raw, only jpeg, only tiff, everything but
raw, etc. And if you want to make a more complicated selection (using date
or whatever), you can use the search menu, and all the filtering
capabilities of tags, color labels and such.
In addition, DK now provides a grouping functionality that allows to put
all the versions of a picture in the same group; you can then either
display one of each group, or all the versions ... unfortunately, there
seems to be a bug that sometimes prevents DK to display a group (at the
moment, I have 2 - in 30000 - I cannot see in DK); but hopefully, this
issue will be solved quite soon.

--
Une galerie photos, un blog ... pourquoi pas ? Webmaster en
herbe<http://www.webmaster-en-herbe.net/>

Parcourez les Cévennes à ma façon : Cévennes
Plurielles<http://www.cevennes-plurielles.com/>

Et toutes mes autres publications à partir de ma page d'accueil
générale<http://www.marie-noelle-augendre.com/>