[Digikam-users] An error occurred during tag creation

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 07:19:52 GMT 2012

On 27/02/12 23:12, Mark Hayes (Hotmail) wrote:
> Andrew, thanks for that. Will check later.
>
> I don't believe that this is the case though... unless I have a more
> serious issue!
>
> The tag that I was creating DID exist before I lost a few tags a few
> days ago. However, the tag list shown most definitely does not have it
> there now.
>
> I suppose that it's possible that the tag structure has the tags in it
> but that for some reason, the program doesn't show them. Maybe the
> database is corrupted?
>
> How could I check, and how would I be able to fix that?
>
> I will make a test tag later of something that I know never existed
> before... and see if that would work.
>
> For info, I'm using version 2.1.1 on Kubuntu with KDE 4.7.4
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark.

Hi Mark,

Do please always reply to the list. I am only an occasional user and
there are other more experienced people around, but not everyone always
has the time to answer or may miss questions.

I have no idea how you could lose a few tags, it makes no sense to me.
So I wonder what happened to them. I do not even know if it is possible
but maybe they have been moved to another part of the hierarchy where
you are not looking for them?

Andrew