[Digikam-users] An error occurred during tag creation

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 22:27:45 GMT 2012

On 27/02/12 13:01, Mark Hayes (Hotmail) wrote:
> The error I get is a small window with the title "Tag creation error -
> digikam"
> The error says, "An error occurred during tag creation:"
> Then it shows the tag path that it was trying to create (shown
> correctly) and an error message next to it that just says, "Failed to
> add tag to database".  However, it doesn't tell me what to do about it -
> or why it failed.

I generally get this when I try and create a tag with the same name as
another already existing tag. The existing tag may be in another part of
the hierarchy, not necessarily where you are creating the new tag. Each
tag name must be unique. The last time that this happened was quite
strange. I cannot remember the exact details but it may have been that
it let me create one duplicate tag and then subsequent non-duplicate
additions failed.

Andrew