[Digikam-users] Recovering from a corrupt db

Jean-François Rabasse jean-francois.rabasse at wanadoo.fr
Wed Dec 12 13:07:59 GMT 2012

On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, David Talmage wrote:

> I think my digikam db is corrupt.  Many of my images now contain incorrect
> tags.
>
> I need a little help automating the recovery from this problem.  Is there a
> shell script I can make that will visit each album and write the metadata to
> images? That would save me a tremendous amount of work.

Hello David,

Could you please be a bit more explicit ?
You say « write THE metadata to images », but the metadata coming from
where ?
If it's current metadata from your Digikam DB, you don't need a script at
all, the Tools menu provides the Write metadata to All images.

Or do you use xmp sidecar files along your images, and look for a script
to extract data from sidecar files and write to images ?

Regards,
Jean-François