[Digikam-users] Recovering from a corrupt db

David Talmage talmage at acm.org
Wed Dec 12 13:16:53 GMT 2012

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 02:07:59 PM Jean-François Rabasse wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2012, David Talmage wrote:
> > I think my digikam db is corrupt.  Many of my images now contain incorrect
> > tags.
> >
> > I need a little help automating the recovery from this problem.  Is there
> > shell script I can make that will visit each album and write the metadata
> > to images? That would save me a tremendous amount of work.
> Could you please be a bit more explicit ?
> You say « write THE metadata to images », but the metadata coming from
> where ?

The metadata comes from the database, I guess.  Some of my image files already
contain the tag metadata.  Not all of them do. I'm using Album->Write Metadata
to Images for this.

> If it's current metadata from your Digikam DB, you don't need a script at
> all, the Tools menu provides the Write metadata to All images.

In my copy of 2.8.0, the Tools meny has no entry for that. There is a
Maintenance entry and it has "Sync image metadata with Database". If I read
that correctly, digikam will copy metadata from each file into the database.
That's not what I need.