[Digikam-users] Recovering from a corrupt db

David Talmage talmage at acm.org
Tue Dec 11 21:55:44 GMT 2012

I think my digikam db is corrupt.  Many of my images now contain incorrect
tags.

I need a little help automating the recovery from this problem.  Is there a
shell script I can make that will visit each album and write the metadata to
images? That would save me a tremendous amount of work.

Here are the steps I propose to take to recover.  In each album, write
metadata to images.  Delete the digikam db files.  Import all of my images into
digikam and instruct digikam to read the metadata from images.  Manually
correct the tags.

I believe that doing it this way will preserve all of the tags I've created,
although they may not be with the right images.

I've already spent many hours over several weeks correcting the tags.  Alas,
it takes so long to do anything in digikam that I don't think I can finish
before the end of the year even if I do nothing else eight hours per day. (I
reported this slowness in message id 2906874.HmxYp8ShDY at facteur).