[Digikam-users] Copying metadata from one image to another?

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Mon Aug 13 11:03:11 BST 2012

I use digiKam 2.6.0 on Debian.

I'd like to convert my raw images to another format using external tools
instead of digiKam tools (for reasons mentioned in my other post and to
make photo editing faster).  The problem is how to import metadata,
i.e. all metadata from the camera and metadata assigned by digiKam such
as captions and tags, from the raw images to the converted images.  I
couldn't find any (working) way to do it in digiKam.  Is it possible?

If it is not possible using UI, something like direct database
manipulation would probably still helpful.