[Digikam-users] Copying metadata from one image to another?

Elle Stone l.elle.stone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 12:58:07 BST 2012

You can use exiftool. I give an example of using exiftool to copy
digiKam metadata from a jpeg "pseudo-sidecar" over to the
corresponding raw file (in this case, an old Minolta d7 camera "mrw";
a canon would be "cr2", etc) here:
http://ninedegreesbelow.com/photography/exiftool-commands.html#jpeg-to-raw
The command should be easy enough to modify to copy from raw file to
converted image.

On 8/13/12, Milan Zamazal <pdm at zamazal.org> wrote:
> I use digiKam 2.6.0 on Debian.
>
> I'd like to convert my raw images to another format using external tools
> instead of digiKam tools (for reasons mentioned in my other post and to
> make photo editing faster).  The problem is how to import metadata,
> i.e. all metadata from the camera and metadata assigned by digiKam such
> as captions and tags, from the raw images to the converted images.  I
> couldn't find any (working) way to do it in digiKam.  Is it possible?
>
> If it is not possible using UI, something like direct database
> manipulation would probably still helpful.

http://ninedegreesbelow.com
Articles and tutorials on open source digital imaging and photography