[Digikam-users] Updating XMP metadata for a group of files?

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 10 06:51:32 BST 2012

On Friday 10 August 2012 15:18:57 Simon Cropper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can update metadata for individual images but is it possible to update
> groups of files.
>
> I am primarily thinking of updating keywords. For the most part a group
> of images are likely to have similar if not identical keywords. Anyone
> have any suggestions how I can update multiple images quickly?
>
> Say for example I have 10 files of a particular bird. It would be great
> to be able to select all the relevant files and insert the birds name
> into the keyword field - ONCE.

(I assume that by 'keyword' you mean what Digikam calls 'tag')

I've been able to select multiple files and apply end edit tags, captions,
ratings and such to all of the selected files at once (including defining a
new tag) for as long as I can remember (i.e. at least since versio 2.0).

If that's not what you are looking for, I've no idea what you want to do...

Remco