[Digikam-users] Updating XMP metadata for a group of files?

Simon Cropper simoncropper at fossworkflowguides.com
Fri Aug 10 07:01:41 BST 2012

Hi Remco,

No I am not talking about tags.

I am talking about updating the metadata information.

If you select a file and using the menu select "Image > Metadata > Edit
all Metadata", a dialog box appears that allows you to update the data
inserted into the image header.

If you select the 'Keywords" icon in the left toolbar you are presented
with a range of keywords, or the option to add keywords. This is what I
am talking about. In general this sequence edits the metadata for one
image at a time. I am interested in updating several images at a time.

Specifically the XMP

On 10/08/12 15:51, Remco Viƫtor wrote:
> On Friday 10 August 2012 15:18:57 Simon Cropper wrote:
>
>  > Hi,
>
>  >

>  > I can update metadata for individual images but is it possible to update
>
>  > groups of files.
>
>  >

>  > I am primarily thinking of updating keywords. For the most part a group
>
>  > of images are likely to have similar if not identical keywords. Anyone
>
>  > have any suggestions how I can update multiple images quickly?
>
>  >

>  > Say for example I have 10 files of a particular bird. It would be great
>
>  > to be able to select all the relevant files and insert the birds name
>
>  > into the keyword field - ONCE.
>
>  >

> (I assume that by 'keyword' you mean what Digikam calls 'tag')
>
> I've been able to select multiple files and apply end edit tags,
> captions, ratings and such to all of the selected files at once
> (including defining a new tag) for as long as I can remember (i.e. at
> least since versio 2.0).
>
> If that's not what you are looking for, I've no idea what you want to do...
>
> Remco

Cheers Simon

    Simon Cropper - Open Content Creator

    Free and Open Source Software Workflow Guides