[Digikam-users] Filtering Question

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Sat Sep 24 18:38:25 BST 2011

Op 24-09-11 19:10, David Vincent-Jones schreef:
> I find this somewhat strange and unintuitive:
I agree that sometimes more thinking and trial and error is involved
than I wished.
> I can search for the tag 'George' on the left side but am unable to
> filter for the tag 'George' on the right side.
>
> If filters are really only effective over the film-roll the value of the
> data-base is greatly diminished.
The upside is the possibillity to limit to a subsection of your
collection, and this subsection can include all your photo´s if you make
one root album.
btw you know of the menu entry ¨View->include album subtree¨ and
¨View->include tag subtree¨
>   I now need to do an advanced search to
> find 'George and Paris'.
Not neccesarilly. If the are in the same collection. In the filters tab
is an icon to select ¨and¨ or ¨or¨ search.

Rinus