[Digikam-users] Retrieving metadata

Johnny yggdrasil at gmx.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 18:57:04 BST 2011

Remco Viƫtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Monday 24 October 2011 16:12:58 Samuel Ronayette wrote:
>>
>> If not possible in digikam, do you know a tool (under linux) that would
>> allow me to do so?
>>
>> (note that the field "LensModel" does appear in the metadata in digikam,

If it is in the metadata in Digikam, I assume it should also be
available in your digikam database. If so, anything (more or less) would
be possible by creating a SQL query. I have used sqliteman [1] when browsing
the digikam database with success to retrieve some custom data. You
would have to find the field "LensModel" by browsing the db tables and
then establish a SQL query based on SELECT, FROM and WHERE (my sql
skills doesn't allow a more accurate description without mucking around
with it, sorry).

Regards

Footnotes:
[1]  http://sqliteman.com/