[Digikam-users] Digikam and the KDE

sleepless sleeplessregulus at hetnet.nl
Fri Oct 7 19:09:40 BST 2011

kde is not my favorite desktop environment. I prefer gnome. but that´s
only a matter of taste.
I thought there was an effort a while ago to port digikam to quicktime
to make it independent from kde, which makes it dependent of quicktime.
I think it would be great if there came  a fork of digikam that takes
the grandiose, excellent, wonderful, splendid, magnificent, special,
unique, exquisite, exclusive, unparalleled digikam architecture  as a
fundament and build it up from the ground without all the needless
complexities that makes it so prone to trouble.

Regards,
Rinus